Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

I recently met a great couple looking for a lake house to spend their down time fishing and relaxing. I showed them a tiny little cottage in a small lake community. The cottage is owned by a local bank here in Fort Wayne. It was been on the market for several months and the bank has dropped the price two times in the last 4 weeks. I met with my clients yesterday and we made a very strong cash offer. After submitting the offer, the bank called and said, "We have an employee that is going to go look at that property today. He may be interested." I find it odd that the same day I submit an offer that an "employee" of the bank that owns the house is now suddenly interested. I am frustrated because you would think the bank would sign a strong cash offer on a home they have foreclosed. I mean, what do you think is going to happen next time I show a listing that this bank owns? At the very least I am going to say, "Oh, once we submit an offer, bank employees have first dibs." Not cool. You want me to sell your foreclosures? Then sign the offer and don't kiss and tell to employees that they may get a potential deal based on a submitted offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment