Saturday, August 22, 2009

I have an awesome job!


This past Friday I had the great pleasure of closing on a home for first time home buyers. Now, I have helped a lot of first time home buyers but this time was different. I was in the office one day and got a call from a young women who wanted to see a house that was listed across the street from where she was living. This house was not listed by me and she had been trying to get in touch with the listing agent. After two weeks of not hearing back from the agent, she saw a ReMax sign and just called the office number on the sign. I was fortunate enough to be in the office that day and answer her call. She explained that her and her boyfriend had been renting a single wide trailer for two years and this past winter their heat bill was over $450! They knew about the first time home buyers tax credit and wanted to take advantage of the program. The two of them had been saving and paying off all their bills, their cars, and loans and finally, they were ready to buy a house. We set an appointment to get together and view a few listing. I set them up with a mortgage broker, they got pre-approved, and 30 days later we were sitting at the closing table. The smiles and tears of joy this couple had almost made me cry. I was so proud of them for being responsible, paying off bills and buying a home at the ages of 22 and 23. I was even more happy to see them get a suitable home for their 3 year old son. It was a pleasure and my honor to help them find this home. I think I was just as excited for them as they were for themselves. I love my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment