Sunday, August 2, 2009

What happens when a realtor buys a house?



So, I bought a house. I was showing this home to a client of mine who was looking for a rental. Now, this home was actually for sale but I totally knew my client would LOVE it. The next day after showing my client the home, the listing price dropped $17,000. I immediate called my client and said, "Hey, would you rent that home I showed you" I think his official response was, "heck ya!" So being the risk taker I am I put an offer on the house. (That should be funny if you know me because I am not a risk taker) After counter offering back and forth and biting my nails for two days we came to a price agreement. Oh, on a side note.. the listing Realtor just leaves the door unlocked to this property so people can go in and out. No lock box, security code, not even a pad lock. Again, what is with these Realtors?

Back to the house. This is just a beautiful old house that someone bought at auction and got a blue light special on yellow paint and went to town. While painting the whole entire inside of the house yellow, they also installed new shingles, central air/new furnace, and new carpet and flooring. Although those major updates are done, this is by no means a show property.

I have bids in with contractors to install a new bathroom, new electrical, fix minor repairs, and make the home a great place to live. This is my first time renovating so it should be fun and exciting. Here are some exterior pictures of the home and as the renovation starts I will post before and after pics.

3 comments:

  1. Let me know when you need help painting/maybe doing a little demo to keep renovation $$$ down. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this house! Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jefferson and College. Next time we get together I will show it to you!

    ReplyDelete