Sunday, August 2, 2009

You know what grinds my gears?

First of all I have to make a comment about what a beautiful summer we have had here in Indiana this year! Nice cool weather with lots of breezes and bonfire nights. OK, onto real estate stuff.

For some reason, no matter what career field you are in, it seams the majority of people never want to follow the rules. You see, when an offer is accepted on a property, that property should go pending in the multiple listing system. This allows other Realtors to see the property as unavailable for showings. Two times this week I have shown a property that was listed as "active" in the system to my clients . After setting an appointment, meeting my clients, speaking with the listing agent several times, AND writing an offer.... the agent THEN told me, "oh, I have had an accepted offer on that property for three days." WHAT??? really? Thanks for waisting my clients time.. Oh, I should mention that when I first showed the property to my clients there was no key in the lock box. I called the agent and he wanted me to break in the side door!!! Unbelievable.




No comments:

Post a Comment